If you are unable to attend the Springfield Retirement Board Meeting in person, please notify the Springfield Retirement Office by 3:30 PM on Tuesday, October 5, 2021, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a link to attend the meeting remotely.
AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
SPRINGFIELD DPW CONFERENCE ROOM
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON OCTOBER 6, 2021 AT 4:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Michael Nelligan from Powers and Sullivan
To present an overview of the audit done of the Springfield Retirement System.
Agenda Item #2-Manager Performance Review & Discussion – PRIM
Francesco Daniele, Emily Green, and Laura Strickland from PRIM will present an overview.
Agenda Item #3-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on September 1, 2021.
Agenda Item #4-Involuntary Accidental Disability Application-Christian Lewis-Fire Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Commissioner Bernard Calvi.
Agenda Item #5-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Patricia Ferrer, Executive Assistant, Law Department with 25 years and 7 months as of 12/11/21.
2. Ramon Gonzalez, Junior Custodian, School Department with 28 years and 7 months as of 9/7/21.
3. Carolyn Jackson, Administrative Assistant, Mayor’s Office with 40 years and 5 months as of 11/6/21.
4. Paula Pepin, Payroll Administrative Assistant, School Department with 35 years and 6 months as of 12/4/21.
5. Evelyn Rivera, Paraprofessional, School Department with 28 years and 8 months as of 9/18/21.
Agenda Item #6-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #53 Refunds in the amount of $128,883.95
Warrant #54 Refunds in the amount of $64,491.51
Warrant #55 Refunds in the amount of $15,539.02
Warrant #56 Refunds in the amount of $26,181.45
Warrant #57 Expenses in the amount of $85,268.59
Warrant #58 Retirement payroll in the amount of $7,242,555.29
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $6,300,000.00
Warrant #59 Expenses in the amount of $4,652.91
Agenda Item #7-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the eighteen (18) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #8-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
1. Shannon Daniels, Paraprofessional, School Department, from the Hampshire County Retirement System in 2010.
2. Issac Morales, Paraprofessional, School Department, for the refund from the Springfield Retirement System in 2019.
3. Leon Traynham Jr., Paraprofessional, School Department, for the refund from the Springfield Retirement System in 2013.
Agenda Item #9-MGL Chapter 32 Hearing on Retirement/Rights/Status/Benefits-Daniel Cintron-Police Department
MGL Chapter 32 Hearing on Retirement/Rights/Status/Benefits.
Agenda Item #10-Director’s Report
MGL Chapter 32 Section 91A-Excess Earnings/Terminations
Amendment to PTG Support and Hosting Agreement
Discussion and vote on the 2022 Administrative Budget
Agenda Item #11-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #12-Old Business
Agenda Item #13-New Business
F. Y. I.
#25- Tobacco Company List
#26- Mandatory Retirement Board Member Training – 4th Quarter 2021
August PRIT Fund Update
Crescendo Ventures-Quarterly Reports
Boston Millennia-Quarterly Reports
Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of August
Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the month of July
Monthly Transfers for September
Budget Balances as of September
Recent Retiree Deaths
Monthly Cash Flow
Next Monthly Board Meeting: November 3, 2021 @ 5:00 P.M.
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel. Items listed for discussion in Executive Session may be conducted in open session in addition to or in lieu of discussion in Executive Session.