AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON JUNE 12, 2019 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on May 1, 2019.
Agenda Item #2-Accidental Disability Application-Edgardo Arroyo-Police Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the Accidental Disability Application benefits submitted by Edgardo Arroyo.
Agenda Item #3-Accidental Disability Application-Miguel Reyes-Department of Public Works
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Miguel Reyes, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #4-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. James Byrd, Building Coordinator, School Department with 14 years and 6 months as of 5/8/19
2. Alison Dean, Info Specialist, Police Department with 12 years and 1 month as of 4/30/19
3. Teodoro Espada, Jr., Firefighter, Fire Department with 30 years and 1 month as of 6/3/19
4. Juan Guzman, Firefighter, Fire Department with 32 years and 7 months as of 7/20/19
5. Sharon Kiniry, Principal Clerk Typist, School Department with 12 years and 7 months as of 7/30/19
6. Martha Lancaster, Principal Clerk and Typist, School Department with 26 years and 1 month as of 7/6/19
7. Carlos Medina, Paraprofessional, School Department with 13 years and 4 months as of 5/4/19
8. Alvin Mitchell, IT System Analyst, Springfield Housing Authority with 19 years and 11 months as of 6/29/19
9. Kenneth J. Murray, Lieutenant, Police Department with 30 years and 6 months as of 6/2/19
10. Brian Strout, Sergeant, Police Department with 31 years and 7 months as of 5/9/19
Agenda Item #5-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #24 Transfers in the amount of $72,381.24
Warrant #25 Refunds in the amount of $97,409.96
Warrant #26 Expenses in the amount of $50,809.18
Warrant #27 Expenses in the amount of $1,047,243.49
Warrant #28 Expenses in the amount of $51,727.94
Warrant #29 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,591,024.93
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $4,275,000.00
Agenda Item #6-Refunds–Juanita Perez-School Department
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the request for a refund for Juanita Perez. The name was submitted to her particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #7-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the twenty-nine (29) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #8-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. Ivia Santiago, Coordinator, School Department, for 6 months of employment with the School Department.
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
1. Ivia Santiago, Coordinator, School Department, for the refund from the Springfield Retirement System in 1990.
2. Garrett Sullivan, Administrative Officer, Fire Department, for the refund from the Springfield Retirement System in 1976.
Agenda Item #9-Benefits under Section 101
Vote to consider survivor benefits to the beneficiary of Asuncion Collazo of the Springfield Housing Authority-Deceased
Agenda Item #10-Director’s Report
• Update on the Retirement Board Election
• 2019 Affidavits - Benefit Verification Forms
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
Agenda Item #11-Attorney’s Report
Alberto Ayala/Police Department-Hearing of Offset Claim on Third Party Recovery
Harold Goodman, Jr./School Department-Hearing of Offset Claim on Third Party Recovery
Agenda Item #12-Old Business
Agenda Item #13-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC 2018 Investment Report
• PERAC Memos
• #16-Cash Book Submissions
• PERAC Newsflash
• PERAC-GASB 67 and 68 Information
• April PRIT Fund Update
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of April
• Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the month of March
• Crescendo Ventures-Quarterly Report
• Boston Millennia-Quarterly Report
• Budget Balances as of May
• Monthly Transfers for May
• Recent Retiree Deaths
• Monthly Cash flow
Next meeting: July 10, 2019
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.