AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON MARCH 20, 2018 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meetings held on February 13, 2018 and February 27, 2018.
Agenda Item #2-COLA
Vote to consider the July 1, 2018 cost of living adjustment. Notice of this agenda item was sent to Mayor Sarno, the City Council, the Housing Authority, and the Water & Sewer Commission.
Agenda Item #3-Accidental Disability Application-John Feudo/Water & Sewer Commission
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by John Feudo, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #4-Accidental and Ordinary Disability-Daniel Gauthier/Police Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the applications for Accidental Disability and Ordinary Disability benefits submitted by Daniel Gauthier, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #5-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Karen Carney, Procedures Clerk, Office of City Clerk with 31 years and 4 months as of 2/21/18
2. Vanessa Cestero, Sr. Clerk and Typist, Police Department with 18 years and 8 months as of 2/13/18
3. Alina Lupa, Gardner, Parks Department with 14 years and 4 months as of 2/28/18
4. Richard Mekal, Paraprofessional, School Department with 14 years as of 2/27/18
5. William F. Murphy, Senior Custodian, School Department with 21 years and 5 months as of 2/27/18
6. Diane Purchase, Parent Facilitator, School Department with 14 years and 8 months as of 4/24/18
7. Philip Ronca, Sr. Custodian, Facilities with 23 years and 5 months as of 3/3/18
8. Clarence Taylor, Police Officer, Police Department with 38 years and 3 months as of 3/3/18
9. Andrew Torres, Paraprofessional, School Department with 26 years and 1 month as of 3/22/18
10. Edward Wood, Building Custodian A, Facilities with 30 years and 2 months as of 4/5/18
11. Paul Zeppa, Firefighter, Fire Department with 32 years and 3 months as of 3/9/18
12. Ellen Angeli, Sr. Systems Developer, IT Dept. with 36 years and 9 months as of 5/5/18 (Correction)
Agenda Item #6-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant # 4 Refunds in the amount of $168,871.62
Warrant # 5 Transfer in the amount of $187,358.66
Warrant # 6 Expenses in the amount of $103,427.38
Warrant # 7 Expenses in the amount of $360,809.83
Warrant # 8 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,349,532.66
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $ 6,000,000.00
Agenda Item #7-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the thirty eight (38) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #8-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. Jailene Hernandez, Parent Facilitator, purchasing 7 months at the School Department as a part time
Parent Facilitator from 2017 to 2018.
2. Adrienne Cuffie, Junior Custodian, purchasing 4 months at Facilities Physical Plant as a
part time Junior Custodian from 2017.
3. Stephen Wyszynski, Police Sergeant, purchasing 2 years at the Police Department as a Cadet from 1985 to 1987.
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
4. Brenda Houston, Billing Clerk, Health Department, for the refund from Springfield Retirement
Agenda Item #9-Director’s Report
• 2017 Annual Statement
• Vendor Disclosure Forms
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
Agenda Item #10-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #11-Old Business
Agenda Item #12-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #11-Investment Related Issues and Concerns
• #12-PERAC v. CRAB & others, SJC No. 12331 (February 13, 2018)
• #13-Mandatory Ethics Training
• #14-Interest Payments in Certain Situations
• January 2018 PRIT Fund Update
• Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the month of December
• Crescendo Ventures Distribution Information
• Crescendo Ventures Quarterly Report-4th Quarter and 2017 Financial Statements
• Budget Balances as of February
• Monthly Transfers for February
• Recent Retiree Deaths
• After-Closing Trial balance and Reports through the month of December
Next meeting: April 4, 2018
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.